Saturday, July 16, 1994

SERIAL MOM (1994) D/A

My daughter Debbie lent me a copy of this movie. Years back I came to conclusion that my children dragged me out of the culture of the 1950's, where I was stuck for a long time. Now Debbie has pushed me further along into the present cult/pop culture world. The movie written and directed by John Waters (who must be a present-day movie cult favorite). In my insulated world of the NY Times and HBO, I never became aware of his work.

This is a weird, crazy and outrageous film that I had to watch to the end. It's a spoof about a lovely housewife who is a serial killer. My rating is D/A which means that you are going to really love it . . . for what it is, or you are going to destroy the DVD after watching it for 10 minutes.

No comments: